The University of Punjab offers a large number of law courses for candidates who are eager to take those courses, but at the same time to obtain admission candidates have to pass the entrance exam which is still organized by the University of Punjab that it is known as PU UGLAW.
The results of entrance examinations at the University of Punjab are considered in the institutes listed below:
- University Institute of Legal Studies, University of Punjab, Chandigarh
- University Institute of Law, Regional Center of the University of Punjab, Civil Lines, Ludhiana
- University Institute of Legal Studies, Swami Sarvanand Giri, PU Regional Center, Bajwara, Hoshiarpur
The BA / B.Com LLB course (Hons) will last 5 years and the other LLB courses will last 3 years.
PU UGLAW 2019 Exam Dates
The information in regards to the important events and tentative dates for the same are listed below:
|Important Events||Tentative dates|
|Application Start Date||1st week of March 2019|
|Application Last Date online||Last week of March 2019|
|Application form last date – offline||1st week of April 2019|
|Admit card availability||2nd week of April 2019|
|Exam date||Mid of April 2019|
|Results availability||4th week of April 2019|
|Admission form availability||1st week of May|
|Counseling starts||1st week of June|
PU UGLAW 2019 Application Form & Fee
- The application form for the entrance exam will be available on the official website of the University of Punjab.
- Applicants must download and complete the application form from the website.
- The presentation of the application form should also be done on the website with the payment of fees.
These are the steps that can help the applicant to complete the application form:
- Registration process:
- Applicants must first open the website of the University of Punjab.
- Then click on the “SAVE” tab
- Once you click, a new window will open and ask for information.
- (Name, email address, contact number, the name of the course and details of the city)
- Once you have entered this information, enter the REGISTER NOW tab.
- A message will appear indicating that you registered successfully.
- Candidates should check email if they have received anything from the university.
- The email will have the username and password of the user with the activation link.
- Candidates must click on the activation link and everything is configured
- This completes the registration process.
Application form filling process
- Candidates must return to the home page.
- Then click on the connection tab
- Enter the username and password of the received email and click OK.
- The application form will open in a new page.
- The application form will have many fields that the applicant must complete.
- The fields will include the full name of the applicant, name of the candidate, name of the father and mother, occupation, annual income, permanent and corresponding address, category information, email address, contact number, more.
- The applicant must also complete the center’s details of course details and more.
- None of the fields should be left blank according to the university, otherwise, the form may be considered incomplete and may be rejected.
- Once the complete information is completed, applicants can click on Save and Continue.
Documents Upload process:
- After registering the form, applicants must download all supporting documents.
- The list of documents to download will be on the website.
- Applicants must follow the size and format instructions.
- Once all the documents have been loaded, candidates can click on continue and continue with the next step.
Application fee process
- The applicant can pay the fees online through online banking or through the use of a debit/credit card.
- Applicants can also download the SBI coupon online and make the payment at one of the SBI branches.
- After payment, applicants must complete the confirmation number in the reference request.
The fee details are as per below:
- Applicants who belong to the general category must pay Rs 2100 / –
- Candidates who belong to the reserved category must pay Rs 1050 / –
Last verification and shipping process
- The last step is very simple.
- The applicant only needs to re-verify the application form.
- Then click on the send tab.
- Once this is done, a new window will appear with the delivery message
PU UGLAW 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have completed their Delhi HSC or similar are eligible.
- Candidates in the general category must have achieved a minimum of 50% of the HSC score.
- Candidates in the reserved category should have obtained a minimum of 45% of the HSC score.
PU UGLAW 2019 Exam Pattern
- The candidates will have 90 minutes to solve the entire document.
- The questioned document will include 100 questions.
- The questioned document will be written in three different languages, such as English, Hindi, and Punjabi.
- The exam will take place offline (Pen and paper – OMR sheet)
- Each correct answer will have 1 point.
- Each incorrect answer will have negative ratings of 0.25.
- The questioned document will be resolved into four different topics.
- General knowledge and current issues – 60 questions
- The exercise of the law: 20 questions
- Mental capacity – 10 questions
- English – 10 questions
PU UGLAW 2019 Exam Syllabus
The program for the current year has not yet been published, but we have listed some topics and their reference topics:
- General knowledge and news: Main developments in the fields of sports, geopolitics and important environmental agreements, UN bodies, eminent personalities, prizes and
- Legal Ability and Mental Ability Program: Crimes, Crimes, Vicarious Responsibility, Strict Responsibility, International Law, Legal Awareness of the Law and Constitutional Policy, Constitutional and Contractual Rights, Intellectual Property Rights, Guidelines, critical reasoning, syllogism, series, relations of blood, analogy.
- Syllabus English: Use of Words, Vocabulary, Grammar, Synonyms, Antonyms, For Jumble
PU UGLAW 2019 Exam Admit Card
- The admission card will be published on the official website.
- Applicants should only use their credentials to download the admission card.
- Admit the card must be transported to the examination center without fail.
- The admission card is an important document and will be required at the time of admission as well.
PU UGLAW 2019 Exam Results
- The results will be declared by the university on the official entrance exam site.
- Candidates may obtain admission to the BA / B.com LLB (Hons) course based on this result.
- Applicants must download the result of the website, only that no personal results will be sent to any person from the university.
PU UGLAW 2019 Exam Counselling
- The list of merit will be prepared by the university and published on the official website.
- All candidates who have their name on the list of merits must attend the consultation because the admissions depend entirely on the consultation.
- Candidates must be physically available for the guided tour.
- The University of Punjab will inform in the calendar for the candidates of the general category.
- Candidates from the reserved category will also be called for the counseling session.
Here are some important points for candidates that should be taken into account when appearing for advice.
- Applicants must bring all originals and certified copies of the documents that were attached to the application form.
- Candidates must report to the orientation center at the specified date and time.
- Candidates who have visited the orientation center on the first day will have seats first.
- If the nominees are not present on the date of the council, their seats will be canceled and those candidates will no longer be eligible for admission later.
- Applicants must obtain their assistance marked separately in all centers according to the nominees.
- UILS, Chandigarh
If you have any other questions about PU UGLAW 2019, you can write your questions in the comment box below.